As part of its educational activities, the Society of Junior Doctors is hosting once again this year its annual educational program. The main goals of the program are for the participants to familiarize themselves with all aspects of medical research and learn the basics of research methodology, as well as to cultivate an atmosphere of communication and collaboration, which will serve as the main foundation for future research activities of SJD. Through interactive presentations, the participants will gain the necessary knowledge in order to successfully cope with the demands of research and thus become eligible to actively and effectively participate in SJD’s research projects.
The program aims to:
- Inform new members about SJD’s operation principles and activities
- Teach the basic principles of writing, reviewing and submitting a scientific article for publication
- Present the different types of scientific articles
- Introduce participants to literature analysis through presentation of articles published by SJD members
Registration: After filling a Google form sent via email.
Duration: Usually 1 hour – varies depending on the subject.
Date: On a monthly basis according to the schedule below. The exact date and time of every presentation will be timely announced through an email newsletter.
Platform: Interactive presentation and discussion through Skype.
The active participation of all members is strongly encouraged!
Scientific program 2021
- Quality assessment part 1: randomized controlled trials – Stepan Esagian (10th April 2021)
- Quality assessment part 2: non – randomized studies – Stepan Esagian (May 2021)
- Literature search – George Geropoulos (June 2021)
- Covidence – Aikaterini Dedeilia (July 2021)
- Data extraction – Christos-Dimitrios Kakos (August 2021)
- GRADE system – Michael Papapanou (September 2021)
- Meta-analysis (Review Manager) – Ioannis Ziogas (October 2021)
- Meta-analysis (Stata) – Ioannis Ziogas November 2021)
- Meta-analysis (R) – Ioannis Ziogas (December 2021)
- Submission (Elsevier/ Wiley/ Scholar One & Wolters Kluwer) – Aikaterini Dedeilia (January 2022)