A Journal Club consists of regular online meetings, in which the participants analyze and critically appraise published scientific articles in an open discussion.
The goals for the participants are:
- To learn how to critically appraise the literature
- To improve their understanding of research methodology and evidence-based medicine
- To keep up to date with the current literature
- To maintain constant involvement in research
- To enhance their communication and debating skills through presentations and discussions
- To network with other SJD members
Format and participation
The meetings will be held online on a monthly or bimonthly basis through Zoom, on a date that will be timely announced through an email newsletter.
The participation form, along with the scientific article to be analyzed, are sent a week before the meeting via email. The participants are expected to carefully read the article and write down questions, comments and points to discuss before the meetings, in order to fully benefit from them.
The format of the meetings includes a short presentation by the main speakers about the basic structure and findings of the article under discussion, after which all participants will openly discuss and exchange ideas on the subject.
The meetings are expected to last around 1 hour.
All members are strongly encouraged to actively participate!
Join SJD Mailing List
The SJD Journal Club has been taking action since January 2015!
Coordinator: Stepan Esagian
If you wish to join the mailing list, in order to be able to participate in our meetings, or if you wish to propose an article for one of the upcoming meetings, please send an email to Stepan Esagian or simply fill in the form.